Sunz Delish Banana Bread
No fail Banana Bread
There are probably hundreds of banana bread recipes out there, but I can safely say that I have perfected mine! What I like the most about my recipe is that the bread is always moist, never dry, even after a few days. You all have bananas at home and there’s one or two left that start to become over ripe and black, right? DON’T throw them away for the love of God! These will be your prized possessions for your next banana bread. Freeze them. The blacker and riper they are the better! Once you’ve collected enough for the recipe, pull ‘em out to defrost. Over the years, in an attempt to make my bread a little healthier without losing the taste I’ve started adding a mix of white and brown sugar as well as whole wheat and regular flour. Tastes great, if not better. More bread like. Also the sweetness to me is perfect, not too sweet, just right.
- 2 large Eggs / beaten
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar (if you don’t have brown sugar just use 3/4 cup white caster sugar)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg (in Pakistan it’s called ‘jaifel‘)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 3 large ripe bananas (or more if they are small) / mashed well / about 1-1 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (pancake syrup works just as well)
1 cup walnuts toasted / chopped coarsely (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F / 180 C. Grease a loaf pan well.
- Toast your walnuts in a heated pan on your stove top. Keep rotating the pan so they don’t burn, keep watching them. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and nuts/
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas if not already mashed. Add the cream and maple syrup.
- In a third medium bowl combine eggs, melted butter, vanilla and mashed bananas with a wooden spoon.
- Fold the banana mix with the dry ingredients. Once the batter is combined, it should be thick and chunky. Don’t over mix it. Pour into the loaf pan, evenly distributed.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is springy to touch.